Panaji, the capital city of Goa is the charming little travel hub for the tourists coming to Goa. Panaji also known as Panjim though, it does not possess several world renowned monuments, its bears an ambience which has a captivating charm. It is situated on the banks of the river "Mandovi". The town has preserved its Portuguese heritage appreciably well and parts of it still contains narrow winding streets, old houses with over hanging balconies, red-tiled roofs and numerous small bars and cafe's. The charm of Panaji is a that it is very small city.
Today, It is not only the state capital, but also an educational, commercial and cultural center of Goa. The Goa Medical College used to be situated here (since moved to Bambolim ) It boasts of a cultural center-The Kala Academy, and a number of theater complexes
There are two old sections of the city existing today, one called "Fontainhas" and the other "San Thome". The hillock overlooking the city is called "Altinho".
Evening can be spent with family and friends at the same time you get to have a ferry ride, which can be quite relaxing. Royal Cruise Goa river cruise, takes you on a boat trip around the Panjim city in the evening. That is the time when you find the whole city is illuminated and that definitely gives it a very classy look.
So what are you waiting for! Call our tour expert now!
The Panjim Goa City Tour brief itinerary is as below:
Full Day / Half
From Your Hotel
Suggested Itinerary for Full Day Panjim-Goa City Tour - Pick up from Your Hotel after Breakfast.
- Head towards the Goa State Museum, Patto Panjim.
- Visit to the Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception one of the first churches to be built in Goa.
- Visit to the Secretariat Building Panjim, Abbe Faria Statue Panjim, The Azad Maidan , Institute Menezes - Braganza and Central Library Panjim the view of the river Mandovi will enchant you in its beauty.
- Visit to the Goa Medical College, One can spot Inox the Movie Theatre which is just behind the College.
- Lunch at Ritz a famous Goan Fish Curry Rice Restaurant. (or any other restaurant, charged extra)
- Visit to Altinho the beautiful hill top which overlooks the full Panjim City.
- Visit to the Fontainhas a haven of Old World elegance and charm - is surrounded by quaint by-lanes, aristocratic houses and old portals, all remnants of a grand era, gone by! Narrow streets fringed with old houses sporting the most dazzling colours, - a throwback to the times of the Portuguese, over looking the Creek.
- Visit the famous Shree Mahalaxmi Temple, Panjim.
- Then, take a Sunset Cruise and watch the sun set: Traditional Folk Dances and Lively Goan Band and dance to the tunes of the waves.( charges extra)
- Return to the Hotel
Min. 8 hours / 80 kms
2 – 4 pax
Type of Car
AC or Non AC Available
Kindly Call 09765227999
For Booking Terms / Company procedures
and Cancellation policies, etc kindly visit